Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Phwwph! Montreal, Le Spectrum.

Boston Monday the 11th October.
If you are wondering what that word is… it is when you put your lips together and pop them for that popping sound.
In Boston we played at the Paradise, the venue was not the best we have played at, the stage being longer than the hall was wide. Poor Shazbot did not know what to expect from the sound when all those people were in. But there was all sorts of happy faces there so I guess it went alright. I met a guy from Bulgaria, who has never seen them play and was so excited for his first time. Phlame was his name, I hope his wife made it in time for the gig as well.
I also met one of Wes’s old guitar techs from way back CC and her friend Stacy who were both really nice and kept me company for a lot of the time. At the end of the night one of our guys got knocked out by a road case hitting him in the head which was not very nice for him. And has been suffering from a splitting headache the whole day since.
Not much else to say, other than for a lot of the American fans, it was going to be there last gig. And for some Canadian ones it was just the beginning.
My biggest worry the whole night was getting over the border, I have heard sotories of being detained if the customs people feel like it.
I went to bed at about 3 last night, and was woken up by Quinner at 8:30 to go into the Duane/ Customs office, where we were all asked to sit while the paperwork was sorted and our passports were looked over. I was called 2nd, and got up to the booth, where the guy Bon Jour'd me and then asked me to please sign my passport which I had forgotten to do back in May when I got it… hilarious. Everything went tickity-boo and we were off in a record ½ hour on our way to Montreal.
When we got here I informed those of the band who were up what to find in each direction. For example from the Spectrum right down St. Catherine you will find, music, tattoo and piercing shops, behind and down the hill Old Montreal and to the left everything else you could possibly want.
I got off the bus with my suitcase and headed into Old Montreal where my friends Mary and Paul live and met with Mary, dropped off my suitcase and had a shower and came back for load in.
I must say I am missing my Starbucks, unless there is one closer than 5 blocks up St. Catherine that I don’t know about I am stuck with 2nd Cup and other dreadful coffee for the rest of the day.
Now I wait to see what we will have to charge for the shirts and things tonight and wait to set up.
I am anticipating a great show ahead of us. There was already fans out on the street by the time we turned up, I also ran into an old Marillo fan Yves whom I have met several times in the past.
Oh I meant to mention the fall colours in Quebec. Beautiful, really special. Coming from the West Coast of Canada origonally, we mostly get everygreens, but it was a special treat especally with the earely moring light.

No comments:

Post a Comment