Friday, October 22, 2004

Near Death Experience

My friend's husband went to hospital last week to have a ingrown hair removed from his lower back apparently a very standard procedure, he was given a regional anesthesia like an epidural and died......

I wrote "near death" because I had lunch with him and my friend today and he relayed it to me again from what he remembered.
He said he could feel himself slipping away into nothingness and then all these images started to come at him, at first slowly and then more quickly until he said he thought it was all very strange that he was literally seeing flashes from his past coming back to him like photos or flash cards... Then he said he was aware that it seemed like a strange thing to happen and then thought maybe he should not be going that direction, then he became aware of someone calling him back and recognizing the panic in the voices until he was "back".
This whole episode only lasted about 1 min but must have been a very crazy experience.
I had to put this in a separate blog because it was just to huge to put in the content of my jetlagged blog. He is in good spirits despite everything, and I am really glad that they both seem to be able to take the event in stride. But it makes for a great story, and everyone loves a good story. Oh yeah. Puppies and fluffy clouds.
So hopefully we can all go on with our lives appreciating what we have in front of us, because you never know what might happen around the next corner.
Cheers for letting me publish this story (and you got your very own blog spot!).
I owe you a Guinness when you are up for it!
Sorry for those of your expecting a Marillion story, but I am afraid that those will be few and far between in the next months. So keep tuned if you feel like following my "normal" life until the next Marillion event.

No comments:

Post a Comment