Wednesday, October 06, 2004

The Big Apple: Oct 5-6th 2004

We finally made it to NY mid day on the 5th. And after some kafuffle about hotel rooms got showered and out the door for some food and retail therapy. I met with Mark and Wes and had breakie, then headed off to Macys, sucking it all up. After a few hours I called my friend Mary in Montreal and gloated a bit, bought a pair of jeans, a belt and a poncho (which everyone is wearing these days). And further down the road found a Sephora and got some treats and then even found some clogs which I would have normally paid 200 euros for, I got them for 50 bucks! Then on my way back to the hotel I stopped and had a pedicure.. lovely.
I then met with Mark and Wes who had also been doing some Apple shopping.. it was a iPod free-for-all yesteterday. Mark bought a bigger one, Wes bought Marks and I got Wes’s. A win-win-win situation.
I am curious about not only the gig but also the merch if it has arrived or not. I think the show tonight is sold out, and tomorrow I get to see Kelly Fox for the first time in years. Can’t wait!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lise this is Rys - the girl that helped you fold shirts in NY! No one believed me when I said Boston was my last show - I love the guys but I'm not leaving the country for them - then i would truly live up to the nickname Mark gave me, "Stalker" Can you please do me a huge favor and tell my friend that I had no problems getting back home - he was worried - and I'll speak to him soon??? thanks....
    Your blog is aweome - i am sooooo jealous of you - but i already told you that! ;)

    ReplyDelete