Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Cafe au Lait: Quebec City October 13, 2004

What can I say a mix of melancholy and relief as I write this during the first set. We woke on the bus in front of the hotel/ theater this morning to a glorious and sunny day. Montreal exhausted me, the fans really are dedicated there. I wandered inside the gig and to our amazement found that it was a beautiful place, with catering already laid out and then the next best thing was that our hotel was attached to this beautiful place. Our only glitch being that our trailer was not tall enough to reach the loading bay, but after we found a ramp, everything was peachy the gear got lifted right up to the stage.
My hotel room is amazing it looks directly onto the St. Jean Gate and wall of the old fortification of the old city of Quebec. Really nice, I must make a point of checking it out tomorrow before heading off to Montreal. Wes was just here and was telling me that there was some crazy stuff going on- on stage during his set… apparently a very typical last night type of antics. I just popped my head in and caught the rocking part of the Party… Mark was hitting the keys so hard that they were nearly tipping over. Fantastic!!! The actual end of the show was great fun, during the 5 min break between Marbles and the old set, Shazbot put on the Star Wars theme and apparently the boys were having a light saber fight on stage. And as I later found out there was a tequila bar on stage for the last night. It was sweet of h to mention me, oh and I later found out that Mark was trying to push his keyboards over during the Party and not just playing them like a mad man, Rock and Roll! After I packed up the boxes to be shipped back I met everyone in the bar, including JF and his friends (Marble eyed guys from Montreal), the other lovely people who happen to be there. I said goodbye to many that night and closed the bar down with some new friends around 4. I was up by 8:30 dealing with last min business, and stayed up to finish packing and to say goodbye to Wes, Jason and Mike who were in the cafĂ©. I managed to say bye to most of the crew and band on the beautiful morning it was. The others were most likely not looking forward to the hell flight home via NY Newark and JFK. (which I just found out almost all of them got upgraded to Business Class on the way home due to the unfortunate incident on the way to North America, see there is justice in the world!) I have to mention the last nights set list… went something like
YOU HAVE BEEN PLAYING THIS SET FOR THE LAST 9 MONTHS YOU SHOULD BLOODY WELL KNOW IT BY NOW.
Brilliant!!! I am at my friend’s place in Montreal now, hanging with my brother Eric which is great, as I rarely see my family. I am back to Holland on Sunday morning. And that makes me somewhat sad and yet happy. I hope that I can continue with further adventures like this. Lucky for me I have known most of them before this tour so I know I will see most of them again. At least by the weekend in March. I will try and keep up with this… and plan on making a new website with concert photos from the Marillion shows in Utrecht and Tilburg as well. But first a reality check with my job and all the other stuff that reality brings. Please keep up the comments (sorry folks that it apparently it is hard to post comments), Adios amigos it has been fun.

1 comment:

  1. Have thoroughly enjoyed reading your Blog Lise. It has almost made up for not being there. I'll look forward to your commentary on the Marillion Weekend, as I can't make it there either :-(

    ReplyDelete