Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Mr.Toads Day Out

New Haven, Connecticut. 09/10/2004

(Appologies, the photo is from the 9:30 club Washington)

A day off… The gig in Philly was great, sold out full of old friends. It was great to meet you Drew, after so many years. And once again packages awry, when we arrived in the morning to the TLA there was one box of shirts that had been delivered and nothing else. When I started calling around they assured me that there was only one box. We were expecting 6-8. Then I called the shipper and he also assured me there was more than one box. Then we called back and I got a great guy who actually was sitting in the customer service office in Philly and phoned the driver and the warehouse. They left the remaining boxes there and I had a runner go and get them for me. When he arrived at the warehouse they brought out only one and he made them go back 4 times to find the rest of them which they finally did. Thank goodness.
Kelly was nice enough to hang out with me all day and run for very-much-necessary coffee. But we had a short but very sweet visit. I even managed to clean up some stuff off the ipod and get some new music from her.
The crowd seemed to be in great spirits despite one person got carried out from fainting. Despite that it seemed to be really great. The band were in high spirits.
We got to New Haven quite early, I had just gone to bed and 3.5 hours later I was up and checking into our hotel. Where in a daze I got showered, dressed and ready and headed into town. It is a sweet place, with Yale of course being the centre of attention and surrounded by a cute little town. The boys were all disappointed that there was no geek stores. But I had a great time shopping and wandering. I met in a pub for a couple of pints of Guinness then some of us wandered off and found a great Japanese place, Samuri. Where we had some great sushi. Later we tried to find another pub and found that it was fruitless. And a few of us headed back to the hotel while the others stayed out and searched longer.
I was back in the hotel packing and sorting out paperwork till about 3am and got up the next morning at 10 to get ready to head to Toads Place. It actually was great, and everyone who is anyone in music has played there, not unlike the Fillmore in San Fran. The crowd was fantastic and was in high spirits. The band even played The Party which was great, I could see Pete jumping higher than the speakers on the side of the stage during the song.
At the end it was quite chaotic loading out, cause of the heaps of people wandering into the venue for autographs and such. But we got out of there and headed off to Boston only a few hours away.

No comments:

Post a Comment