Friday, October 01, 2004

Pepe & Sergio: The Metropolitan Theather Mexico City

The Met Day 2:
Well the Shirts arrived yesterday just as Wes was finishing up, so we managed to set up the stands and get some out for sale. Wes rocked yesterday and came to the Lobby to sign CDs and seemed made quite an impression. The fans are great in Mexico, even if some still wear jester hats and go on about Scotland, I tried to explain the band were not from anywhere near Scotland, and holding a Welsh flag I might add. But enthusiasum won.

After the gig we ended up at the bar at the hotel, It was great to walk into the Lobby and people were applauding! And every time somone walked into the bar, band or crew they clapped for them as well. Great Fun!
I went then to the venue to see if my cd’s had shown up and then back to the hotel. And sure enough the delivery had come as promised before noon… hurrah huge sigh of relief.
After that I was in a much better mood and decided to head off to the silver market. I must say Mexican silver is wonderful and cheap.
Off to watch the second half of the show and get busy with my job of dealing with the merchandise.
Beautiful 26/09/04
Well after some misunderstandings and phone calls, we managed to get the whole lot counted and boxed for the delivery to Chicago.
I met while I was waiting for the guys to finish up with packing all the merchandise I met two wonderful people and perhaps future tour guide the wonderful (handsome and tall, right?) Sergio and his friend Pepe. In fact Pepe has been a fan for almost 20 years of the band and brought his friend Sergio to the concert because his pregnant wife was not up for it. It was the first time that Sergio had seen them, and I can say with a lot of conviction that he is now a fan. He was so moved by how h could show his emotion and connect with everyone in the crowd. He said that it only a pity that you could not always hear what h had to say because the crowd were singing over the PA.
I have to say the sheer emotion that the fans had when they started Beautiful last night was astounding, I almost had tears in my eyes, and just so you know Mexico the band actually dug into their archives and rehearsed it for you, it was not on the set list. Again, it was back to the hotel bar and closing it down with my new friends, Adios Amigos! I have to leave now for the airport and get all checked in. Mexico what a great place, great fans and great hospitality.

No comments:

Post a Comment