Monday, May 23, 2005

I'm a lucky girl

Last Sat we had our housewarming/ birthday(s) party. It was great all in one go we thought get it over with, Michiel's list being 7 or so, mine 25+. It was full, fun and busy the whole evening. But I really enjoyed it. For me the fact that I am lucky enough to have made friends with so many great people over the 6 years that I've been living here makes me a lucky person. And with so many nationalities and languages to be shared it was like a mini UN at our house; Canadian, Dutch, English, Irish, Scottish, French, German, Latvian, Bulgarian, Italian and Australian. Not bad at all if I do say so, it makes the world a slightly smaller place, less complicated and with perhaps better understanding of our fellow Earth citizens.
Either way I got to bed around 4am, the house was not terribly messy considering and we got to warm-up our house with so many good people.
Next week a reunion of many more nationalities, for those of us who met working together at Amazon.co.uk at least 5 years ago.. and so many of us still in touch it is bound to be a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment