Saturday, March 19, 2005

Butlins III: The Dutch

Sunday was what Sundays should be... Lazy.
We went out for a walk and decided to visit the museum on Colin's recommendation. I have to say and please don't take this the wrong way but some of the people in there were really SCARY!!! I saw people trying on h's stage clothes and I swear I saw some shuddering as they slipped the gold lamé jacket on....and it would not surprise me if some people were sniffing the clothes to see what h smells like. I will not go into how strange some of it was. The instruments were great the fact people could play them is fantastic.
We ran into Henk, Peter, Marco and Michaela outside and decided to have a coffee together and watch the every growing line up of people waiting for an autograph. And trying hard to get Marco to join the square/ line dancing that was happening in the centre court. For those who don't know that side of the Web Holland Team, Peter and Marco run the website for the Web Holland and Henk, well he just like to film the show and enjoys the gigs.
I must say, the boys, Peter and Marco and Henk are very funny guys, we laughed and laughed for quite awhile then Henk and I decided it was time to finish his bottle of vodka and start the afternoon off on the right foot. As Ces was still sleeping we took it back to our slightly bigger place and settled into the afternoon before heading over to the pub quiz final.
and afterwards back for a spot of dinner and the final night.
Richard Barbieri opened the night, with some new solo stuff which I thought was great some kind of techno ambient music with the percussion all done by that amazing Andy Gangadeen. The second act was the not so interesting Pineapple Thief.
The Marillion set that night was a nice and mellow set of old favorites that we just don't get to hear that often. It was mellow and sweet. And all together to short.
I finally saw Andy, said goodbye to the Crosslands and hung out with my sweet Web France friends Laurent and Wibke. Saw Jeorg and Stephanie from Web Germany (Thank you so much again for the swag!) And then wandered back to the Chalet.
It was one of my most memorable weekends, I was happy to see the boys again from the crew and even though I did not actually speak to anyone in the band but Mark the whole weekend it was nice to be part of it all again. Now one week later I am back in Holland and have several hundred photos to sort through and send off to the webs and websites to use.
I guess we will have to wait and see what the rest of 2005 holds for us now.

No comments:

Post a Comment