Sunday, November 13, 2005

Music in My Head

Although that is actually how I seem to live my life... this was actually a small Music Festival in Den Haag being held at the Paard. The line up was pretty good and the company even better.
Friday started out with wanting to see Clap your Hands and say Yeah!, however the lineup to the second stage was so long we decided to go to the main stage and wait for Black Rebel Motorcycle Club who were great! I have no idea where they were from although I guess the US, but I really enjoyed the music. Next up at the big hall was Elbow. They had a fiddle player and a great band. I liked the bass player who sang and I liked their vibe. After we went up and met some friends at the Fiddler & Firkin pub and shut it down.
Saturday was a little slower day most of us who were trying to regenerate some brain cells. I cooked dinner for my friends and we headed back to the Paard for day two of the Music in my Head. We arrived a little late and went up to the main stage to see what was happening. The Frames from Dublin, I noticed a large number of Irish people in the crowd getting very into it. Near the end of their set we went over and checked out Absentee on the second stage. They were pretty good, and well add the keyboard toy you blow on and the bass player in the grizzly bear hat and it was a good show and the crowd was really into it. We went back to main stage to see Roisin Murphy, who was the singer for Moloko. I was really looking forward to her show, but somehow was quite disappointed as it seemed that aside from her fantastic outfits and headwear, she was on autopilot. In saying that though her band was one of the tightest bands I have ever seen, they must have been all studio musicians who decided to come out for a little European tour. I saw Moloko at Pink Pop several years ago and thought the energy that came across there was 10 times better than this one.
After again we were off to the Fiddler to meet some friends. This time deciding not to close the place down we left to get some sleep and be ready for our collective Sundays.

No comments:

Post a Comment