Sunday, November 13, 2005

The Butterfly


My friend Sylvia died this morning around 4:30 am at my parents home in, B.C. Canada where she has been part of our family and lives for the the past 9 years. She had been fighting cancer for the past 18 months.
Apparently my father had said when she first came to live in our house that in many cultures it was considered good luck to bring a healer into your home, and so she came to live with us and became a integral part of our lives. I can't describe exactly what she has brought to us in the way of companionship, friendship, joy, laughter, tears, healing, enthusiasm, cooking, life and light. She was a special person who touched everyone she ever met and always in a good way.

My mother told me that she had been suffering quite a bit the last few days and riding a roller coaster of good and bad for months. I am very happy to hear that she seemed to find peace in the last few hours before she passed away with her daughters at her side in the house she called home. I am blessed to have known her and had her part of my life, I'll miss you Sylvia!
Her memorial service will be held this Sunday November 2oth, which happens to also be her Birthday. I wish I could be there for my family during this time, but I am sure that the turn out will be more than significant as she was beloved by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment