Saturday, November 22, 2008

Crossing Border Festival day 2

This was the day I was most looking forward to of the festival. The Swell Season, and how could you not want to see them if you have seen the movie Once. Being a big sucker for romance, music and the eternal love story it was great to see Glen and Marketa in real life and perform the songs they did so well in the movie. Of course I can see now that they were just acting themselves. But it did not bother me as I think Glen is a genuinely beautiful person and a pleasure to watch on Stage.
The Swell Season with The Frames

The Fleet Foxes The rest of the night was a mix of The Fleet Foxes. Which were nice but I had to leave as the overpowering stench of sweaty men was getting to me. After that I went out the back door and back in the NTG. Disappointing because they had let way too many people in and there was already overfilled to capacity for Fleet Foxes and then the huge line up inside and out for Ben Folds. Not allowing others in to see the other acts in the different rooms. Poor Martin, hopefully next time huh?
Then went back to the main theater for Tindersticks and during that I slipped out to see Tom Baxter in the small room at the top. And was more than pleasently surprised and how lovely it was. Happy to leave the Tindersticks after a couple of songs as they all started to sound the same to me.

Tom Baxter
After that the after party was a nice laugh and we got to chat and meet a few new folks which is also nice... as well as having a chat with Tom Baxter who informed me that yes they can hear people in the audience when they chat and talk.
Now shortly onto Day 3.
Tonight I'm looking forward to Kathleen Edwards and The Black Keys.

No comments:

Post a Comment