Friday, November 21, 2008

Crossing Border Festival 2008 - Day 1

Last night was the first night of the 15th Crossing Border Festival in The Hague. I have only ever attended once when it was held in Amsterdam, where I got to see my hero author Douglas Coupland speak about his love of musc and literature.

So last night I started the night with the Scottish Band Frightened Rabbit, which was in one of the small tents. After this we went over to check out Cass McCombs and then onto Ra Ra Riot which were great large band from NY State.

Ra Ra Riot
Stef Kamil Carlen's Bob Dylan Tribute
Carolina Chocolate Drops
then back over to the Main Theater for the fabulous Carolina Chocolate Drops. And finally back to the NTG for Death Cab for Cutie. Which if I have not already complained about I will here. They suck live!!!! I loved Transatlanticism but I have seen then a twice in the last 6 months and both times I have walked out because of boredom, annoyance and bad sound. Blah! But the rest of the night was great! Looking forward to tonight even more.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment