Monday, October 31, 2005

Buck 65


Last Monday night Jacco and I went to Amsterdam to see Buck 56 a little known Canadian band making waves in the indy scene the worl over they were playing at the Paradiso small zaal and after a great catch up, dinner and a few pints of the G stuff we headed over to the gig. There was only one person waiting on the doors Matt from the UK who was most enthusiastic about the gig and told us all the about the show he had scene in Rotterdam the week before. but that soon changed as we all climbed to the top of the old chapel. The mainly student and stoner crowd seemed well into it and ready for the show. It made me wonder because there was only two mics and a turn table on stage. I had heard that he had his girlfriend come up and sing with him some of the time but it was unexpected that there was no band to be seen.

He came on stage with what I thought to be a Dutch Navy uniform and began to scratch and rap.. really quite funny stuff and the crowd was well into it but after an hour I thought I had seen enough and so had Jacco so we headed home with the thoughts that although it was not a bad way to spend 10 euros it was not that new and special, and that most likely we had seen it all before. Still it was a great chance for me to take photos and have them published on line for the first time at On Stage.nl last week and get to spend the evening out with my friend Jacco which is always a good time.
This week's concert is Jasper Steverlinck who was or is the singer for Arid, a nice Jeff Buckly like Belgium band who I first saw open for the Counting Crows at the Paradiso a few years ago and who is playing at the Paard in Den Haag which is always nice cause then you can be home at a decent time.


No comments:

Post a Comment