Saturday, August 06, 2005

Home Sweet Home

I am back in Canada now since Wedensday, it was an uneventfull flight and trip thank goodness, even if I had to return as a Brit and stand in the longer customs line it is just so nice.
I have come back to spend some time with my family and friends, and to attend what should be a crazy celebration of life party for our friend Sylvia. She says it should be a reminder and celebration to everyone who will come that life is not to be wasted but we all know it is for her.
I arrived yesterday, took a taxi to the ferry enjoyed the ferry trip in the sun and then got picked up by my parents and after som,e shopping and coffee came home.
I have been swimming in a beautiful river, seen 2 live deers in the back yard and just been enjoying the sites and smells of summer here. Yesterday I was in Victoria met with my Brother saw his friend Matt who is also a miracle on legs. This kid a fw years back was just getting back to school, had enough talent to be a fantastic graphic artist and a great surfer to boot. Drove off the road one night coming home from work and ended up in a coma and later a wheel chair having being told he would most likely never walk. He does now, he has regained his speech and many of his motor skills. Of course he is not good as new but he is still alive and able to function in life. It is just so sad.
After Eric and I went for lunch and window shopped, I amused myself by watching all these girls throw themselves at my baby brother in a 3 block radius, I headed over to my friend Paul's for an appointment.
Paul and I have known each other for years since I was about 18 I guess, he has been cutting my hair since then as well, and it is a nice way to catch up with my friend in Victoria when I am back. Afterwards we went for a quick bite to eat before I headed home. So nice great looking hair and a good visit as well. Oh and Paul is the one who took the best portraits of me ever!! He is also an extremely good photographer. Pity I have not updated those pages in forever!
It may sound boring to some, but this is home sweet home to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment