Friday, July 29, 2005

Ali Warhol

I know it has been way to long since my last blog, but man I have been running around like mad and also extremely busy. A few weeks ago I turned down a night of dancing to stay at home because my body was telling me to.
Good thing too, the next day I felt as though every joint in my body had been stiffened with out any exercise at all. I guess it was a flu without the stuffy head business. And way on top of that I had to go to the dentist because I know there was something wrong in my mouth, and sure enough the only tooth in my mouth to ever give me trouble has had it's last days, it pretty much has to come out, initially I was not happy about that but then thought hey it is a bothersome tooth why not say adios to it and have it done with?
Then my boss and 50% of my colleagues have been away on their summer holidays, for me this is the best time of year to get things done without too much distraction. Mostly this concept has worked and I have been trying to finish all the projects that I don't get to often enough because when everyone is here it can be kaos.
Last night I was at a leaving do for three colleagues, it was quite interesting one from the UK, one from Australia and one from Cairo, Egypt and his name is Ali.
Now Ali is The Man, this young guy comes from a very interesting family in Cairo and he has set out to gain experience in the big wide world and see where it takes him, and yet he hardly knows the first thing about his ancient ancestors. Aside from that I think he has done quite well for himself, made many friends here in NL, has traveled and has won the hearts of many of us male and female alike with his good nature and pleasant company. According to popular ledgend he is just as popular and liked in his home town, and friends of mine who have met with him there tell me to be a friend of Ali's can do no harm.
Helen had a brilliant idea for his leaving card and I had the photoshop to do it. Imagine if you will a strapping young lad with a head hair that resembles a brown sunburst of varying thickness and curls, very cool.
All the guys in the office have told him to get it cut and some have (I'm guessing they are either jealous of the quantity or know whets in store from their own gene pool) tried bribery, most of the girls think it is just darn cool. I have make Ali promise me that he will not cut it off for anything less than €200. So Helen's idea was to take a photo ofAli'ss head and then make him like a Warhol painting, pretty cool huh? I have decided to print one and hang it in my house cause it is so dam cool.
Needless to say it was a big hit, Ali himself kept saying how much he loved the poster and that it was the best card he has ever received in his life, now if that is not the nicest thing to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment