Saturday, August 13, 2005

Mr.C

Still at home (meaning Vancouver Island/ Vancouver). I have had an extremely relaxed and uneventful time while being here. And one of the pleasures I have had is seeing old friends. Namely Mr.C my former art teacher from grades 9, 10 and 12. I was telling him that I hardly remember any of my other teachers good or bad, so it must be a good sign that I fondly remember his classes, even if he was a big grump sometimes.
He was the kind of guy you would be either scared of or not in class but in the end he was a great teacher and friend, and a huge inspiration for myself and quite a few others I knew, he always let us focus our talents as we saw fit. And I am pretty sure I am not the only one who was touched by his ability to pull out the best of us during our time in his class.
We met for some Serious coffee one morning while I have been back and it turned into a 4 hour chat about everything under the sun, really great!
Mr. C enjoy your retirement and thanks for all those years of pushing us to be our best, even if we had to listen to CCR during it.
THANKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment