Saturday, June 04, 2005

Cancer

And I am not talking about the zodiac sign. I am talking about that thing that can creep up on a body and eat it from the inside out. Well I just got news about our friend Sylvia, she went for another catscan after she returned to Canada and they just told her that it has spread through her body. She was so resilient to the chemo they did not think it wise to put her through that again and that perhaps she should just live her life to the fullest as long as she can. This is a huge blow to myself, my family and I am sure to the rest of everybody who are a part of Sylvias life. None of us can really comprehend just how our lives would be without her around. The Entry A little taste of home was all about this amazing person.
Of course you can say that Life if not fair and why some people and not others. Michiel's dad has had both Lung and colon cancer in the last 6 years and has come away quite ok from both. Another 2 colleagues of mine have both gone through breast cancer as well in the last years and both come away fit as well. I guess it is just in the stars.
So I encourage you all to go out and live each day a full as you can make the most of life and don't for a second take it for granted.
I am planning on going home in a few weeks. I want to be there with my family and friends and spend some more quality time with them while there still is. Life does suck just a little sometimes you have to wonder if it really is left to the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment