Monday, April 25, 2005

Auntie Jenny

My Auntie (through marriage) Jenny came to visit me last week. We have'nt seen each other for quite a few years. It was for no other reason that I have been living over in Europe since 1993 and she is a busy busy lady. Well anyway, my grandmother passed away several months ago and Jenny was at the funeral, and I am guessing that she spoke with my mom and they got the idea that since Jenny was going to be in Den Haag anyway that we should try and hook up. I am glad we did.
She has led an amazing life, up until around 1989 she was a professor at U-Vic, written many books and then she took early retirement and decided to study art. Which she does now full time as a living. But a side from all of that, she is interesting, smart and really fun to be around. Always with something to talk about, and always great stories to tell..
Besides she has also introduced me to a fellow Canadian who she knows here in Holland, and that is always nice when you can have someone around who does understand that toque's are not just for cold weather.
Not much else is new around here, spend the last couple of weeks running around like mad. working on the apartment, garden (balcony) and getting sunburnt yesterday.. no kidding!
So now, am trying to get motivated to do work, listening to Blue Skies over Bad Lands and other lovely Matthew Good shuffle on my ipod. Peace~!

No comments:

Post a Comment