Sunday, April 10, 2005

Bad Apples

Last night I went with Megan to a Amnesty party in The Hague . It is my first one, and was quite interesting. It's no wonder really there is one in the Hague because of the ICTY , Europol, NATO etc etc. It is a fabulously multi-culti city that I live in. Anyway, the party was very quite slow to begin with and picked up as people started coming in later, and what a diverse bunch there was. Anyway it was to raise money for the crisis in Chechnya I hope they did alright. I find it pretty neat that in such a small city they can have a Dutch and English chapter for Amnesty International.

Other than that I have been hoarding the computer this morning from Michiel cause I have been backing up my laptop, making cd's for Wes and Jason who I'll see tonight in Amsterdam. And editing photos from the weekend for Richard B and Kid G to begin with cause there are just so many marillion ones, the task kinda scares me.

Oh and I was checking out some of my favorite sites, and read about the Arts County Fair concert in Vancouver. What the hell is wrong with you people who were doing the offensive things as well as standing by and watching it happen? How would you like to be hit in the head with a hard metal object, shoe, phone etc etc. I just don't get it. Would you walk on by someone in the street who was being beaten up or hurt? Would you let someone beat up another you care about? If you would, then may I suggest that you get some help now! Really sickens me to hear about such things. I am pretty dam sure your ticket stub said nothing about having permission to take pot shots at the artists on the bill, let alone be abusive. And here I was proud to be Canadian, to come from a people who are more or less peaceful and mindful of others, and to have that spoiled today by a few bad apples. Shame on you!

Anyway enough of that, I am off to see Wes tonight play with Porcupine Tree at the Paradiso in Amsterdam and I am fairly certain that it will be a peaceful however LOUD gig. Their FoH guy is the loudest mixer I've ever heard. But it will be great to see Wes again after so long, and Jason as well even though I caught up with him at the Butlins weekend recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment