Sunday, November 07, 2004

More Music Matters

When I got the new iPod from Wes, there was some music on there that I quite liked and now am fully enthralled with, Snow Patrol. And guess what? I have tickets to see them one week from now, and am really excited. I know that they are quite big in other countries such as the UK (Scotland) where they are from and apparently also quite big in America. But lucky me, they are playing at the Paradiso in Amsterdam. It should be fantastic. It has been awhile since I was this excited about new music.
Mark and I were talking about finding out about a band before they become big and how come you can get angry when they become huge.. What is big then I ask? One of my all time favorite band of the last years' is Matthew Good, singer songwriter and political activists from Vancouver, Canada. This is a band (or singer/ songwriter) who moves me by his lyrics and music in such a way I find myself listening to his music and being moved mentally and sometimes physically. But I am off track here, I was also going to talk about the other two band that I will see in the next week as well.
2raumwhonung from Germany who I find to be wonderful and simple music which I also find relating to. I am flying to Berlin next weekend with a friend of mine to see them play, should be fantastic!! And a weekend in Berlin on top of it all.
And then after coming back and seeing Snow Patrol, two days later Sarah McLachlan. Who, the last time I saw her, was 1997 I was on stage less than 5 meters away with a camera for my old company, it was wonderful. Sadly this time I will just be part of the crowd. But I am looking forward to it none the less.
Well off to bed and dreaming about the big 2 weeks ahead. Sorry about the earlier rant.. but there will be more on that matter you can be assured. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment