Sunday, August 19, 2007

Rotterdam Zoo Blijdorp

Last weekend I went to the Rotterdam Zoo. Now I am not really a fan of zoo's but thought it was a good way to spend a Sunday afternoon and an opportunity to take some photos.
I know the zoo is trying to be more modern but I really think they should maybe put a coat of paint on the origional gates and perhaps another person on the cash register for the sunday crowds.
Perhaps it was not the fact the zoo felt a little claustrophobic and the huge amount of screaming kids and their families did not help me feel cozy.

Apparently even a few months ago one of the gorillias, a silverback male named Bokito escaped http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/05/18/europe/EU-GEN-Netherlands-Escaped-Gorilla.php and caused injuries to some of the people there because the containment fence was not high enough and he must have just got bored with sitting around all day.
I know I would be.

I wanted most to see the aquarium tunnel they have built, it goes to show what a good photo can do as the tunnel is very short and to be honest not that exciting IMHO.

Oh well I guess it just reassures me how much I am not really a fan of zoos, in prtucular the larger animals that are held, the tigers, lepoards and large birds of prey.



No comments:

Post a Comment