Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Hospital Music

I know it has been a long long time, but I have been lured to the otherside by the interactive pages, friends popping by and ability to post photos without problems....

Oh but on another note Hospital Music, Matthew Good's lastest is deep, beautiful and heartbreaking and his usual genius. Buy it now!

snippet from the biography:

Prior to recording Hospital Music I spent a great deal of time confronting the past. In doing so I discovered something interesting, that through it all I viewed myself as beholden to the needs of others, even if it meant that I would endure immense anxiety because of it. I spent a great deal of time wading through past relationships and honestly examining their purpose, and in doing so came to the realization that, for years, I had not been all that honest with myself. That, more than anything else, influenced the material on this record, producing, at times, uncomfortable realizations represented in song. Some might, upon examination, call them bitter. Others might disregard them altogether, searching more for the comfortable familiarity of past work. But the truth is that what was ultimately produced was beyond my control in that, given everything that had transpired, it either had to be honest or I would have to walk away from music altogether. In the end, these fifteen songs combine to represent a remembrance, one that, in no small way, both began and ended on the floor of a shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment