Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Personal Jesus

On Sunday night I went to see Depeche Mode in Rotterdam. It was the first time in 13 years they have played in Holland so it wasindeed worth the late night and little sleep I got from it.
They started by playing this fantastic music at the beginning after the opening band The Bravery (from NYC) finished. I saw at least 5 people come up and ask the security to ask the sound engineers what was playing.. it's on their website people! But for those of you who care this was a mix from
Touring The Angel 2005/2006 - Pre-Show Music
After the opening act, but before the band take the stage, the venue hasbeen filled with a special pre-show DJ set recorded by Martin. Due tonumerous requests, here is the track listing of the mix set.
01 - "Vegetables" - Audion, SuckFish
02 - "Winter Green" - Lawrence, The Absence Of Blight
03 - "Rebird" - Metope, Kobol
04 - "Hot Sugar Candy Apple Taffy" - Heartthrob, Minimize to Maximize
05 - "Lost In Sound" - Alex Smoke, Incommunicado
06 - "Sinsentrikken Ut I 2 Spor" - Woody McBride, Demosessions May 2002
07 - "Cooling The Plasma" - Rene Breitbarth, With A Little Luck
08 - "33" - Metope, Kobol
09 - "Yak" - Motor, Sweatbox
10 - "The Dancing Box" - James T Cotton, The Dancing Box
11 - "An Army Of Watt" - T. Raumschmiere, Blitzkrieg Pop
The show was very good and the crowd amazingly enough was really into it.. One of the best Dutch crowds at a concert I have ever seen. I was never a huge DM fan,But can they rock, and I have rarely seen a front man with such boundless energy as Dave. However if I can add an amendment to my entry the one thing I meant to mention was Martin's contribution to the concert. There is no denying he is a very talanted songwriter and guitar player but the man CAN'T sing and should not sing ever again. Each time he did I was ready to run screaming from the venue.. I can't beleive that some people were well into it, perhaps hey suffered from being tone deaf as well... I guess the rest of the entertainment made up for his ego's need to share his voice with the rest of us.
I danced so much I was drenched with sweat which is such a good sign that the concert was amazing and great. Got back home and went straight to bed as I had to get up really early to catch my flight to London first thing for a week and a half of training.

No comments:

Post a Comment