Monday, January 31, 2005

Rotterdam Film Festival I

This week is just begun and already I feel like I spent so much time doing things. Last week the Rotterdam International Film Festival started and I managed to see several films starting on Thursday. The film was called Illumination by a first time director. It was a lovely film with lovely acting, my favorite so far. On Friday after a extremely long day at work I headed back to Rotterdam for 3.5 more movies. The first was a short with Lance Hendricksen and Christopher Eccleston called Keep Right quite funny, the second was called Dead Mans Shoes which was also fantastically acted. The second was a German one called Ego Shooter and the last was a Danish one called Pusher II. Imagine, they director said that he has sold the franchise to Bollywood.. it was really not that good and I tired to imagine the whole thing happening in India. Oh well can't win them all. Sat of course I was busy with other things such as a great art exhibit by a Canadian friend in Utrecht and then the Web Fan Club day but more on that later... Sunday I got up fairly early and went back for another movie Clean. Canadian movie which got a nod for best actress at Cannes. Can't say that it was bad but it was lacking something called pace. In my humble opinion of course! Oh well there was about a 3 min live performance by Metric in the movie which was fantastic. What a cool band. So I have taken the next two days off from movies and will be back for the last 5-7 movies before the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment