Friday, September 24, 2004

The Waiting Game: 22/09/04 Schiphol Airport.

M dropped me off this morning; we had a sad and quick goodbye as he was late for an appointment. I have been so busy the last weeks that I had not thought about not being home for several weeks.
I am checked in, Duty Free shopped and have wandered though the airport several times. Now is the 11+ hours of my flight and the 2 hours till actual boarding to go until I am actually in Mexico. Last night M checked the mailbox and there was my tour itinerary with all the places, times and what and where’s we will be. LOTS of time on the bus head of us.
City Mexico.
Here, finally. The flight was amazingly fast despite the crap in-flight movies. HP3 (saw it just two weeks ago go ahead Michiel; laugh I know you are!), The Day After Tomorrow, total crap when I saw it back in May in Vancouver. Some silly fairy tale about a middle American girl falling for the prince of Denmark, and vice versa. But then again the actual price has recently married a commoner. I had given up on reading the Ann Rice book Freya left me a few weeks ago and glad that I bought the new Harry Potter., managed to put a decent ¼ dent in the book.
Got to the airport, breezed though customs, got my bag, found a taxi and was driven to the hotel in the centre of the city. Lucky me there is a Starbucks next door. I can hear the collective groans, but hear me out my theory is that Starbucks is like McD’s, anywhere in the world if you order a tall non fat (soya) Latte, you get it and it tastes the same everywhere.
Came in, got a bit settled and am going to go out and explore the world outside the hotel. Seems to be a very lovely part of town, according to the map very close to many interesting sites. I know that most of the band are already here, think that Wes, Mark and a couple of others arrive later tonight.
More to Follow tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment