Tuesday, September 21, 2004

The Bus dilemma

The Bus: I could scarcely believe my ears. It kind of started as a joke a few months back when I told Lucy they should take me on tour as their Merch person, but when the initial email came in last week asking if I was still interested it really hit home that this could ACTUALLY happen! It all came down to the bus, could they find one with 14 berths, because they only could find a 12 berth bus till then. I got the call Monday, they found one with 14, and I was in, part of the crew, going on tour. Can you imagine what it is like to have a dream come true? I have literally always wanted to go "on tour" with a band. To be part of the working mechanics behind what makes a show happen, to get little sleep, have inside jokes and see places from the window of a bus or the people who make the effort to come to the shows. And all the things I can't even begin to imagine.
I've been getting emails all week with little tidbits of my adventure attached. You will fly from this to that place, these are the times and these are the people you will travel with for almost 4 weeks. Exciting. But now I must play the waiting game.


When I first wrote this I had 53 days till the beginning, and my real job, real life and real things that I must do. So enough of this fantasy world, I am sure it would happen sooner than you or I think. Today I have 1 day left, before leaving for Mexico City. What happened to the time?
Last week they played 2 nights at the Vredenburg in Utrecht. I was taking photos and visited with the band and crew..(missed you though Lucy!) they all kept asking... "so are you excited?" what are they kidding? I can hardly imagine what not to be excited about. I got some tips on the bunks from Mark, packing and gear from Erik. And have spent most of yesterday filling my bag to know how much it can take and what I should maybe leave behind. Only tonight to sort out the rest of the gear and make sure there is a little room left over for the shopping I plan to do in Montreal at the end of the tour. I have my Gluecks-Engel to look out for me. I should be set.
Check it out if you want to see where in the world I happen to be.....
http://www.marillion.com/tour

No comments:

Post a Comment