Sunday, December 04, 2005

The not quite X-Mas tour 2005



This weekend was quite busy with another two concerts from Marillion here in Holland and a visit from our dear friend Kelly Fox. It was with some anticipation and excitement that I booked off the Friday and got up early to pick up Kelly from the airport who had flown in to visit with us and see the shows from the US.
I had last seen Kelly on tour over a year ago when I was out living my dream on the road with the band, and we had a couple of busy but nice catch up days in DC and Philadelphia.
After a little chilling at home we drove to Tilburg to 013 had some dinner and got ready for the show, Michiel and I had photo passes and Kelly was being looked after by our friend Henk who was in a very Friday mood.
It was really nice to be in the photo pit as the last time was the convention weekend in March in the UK and that had a distinctly different vibe to it.
The set list was a varied mix of old and new, quite refreshing actually, even though Marbles was my favorite tour since I can remember.. it was nice to hear some of the old favorites that don't get played very often.
h and Pete were in very fine form, bouncing off the stage and the vibes from the audience, it must be all that Redbull Pete has been drinking.. maybe it does give you wings. h just seemed to really be enjoying himself and was very much into the audience. After the show in Tilburg I got a quick catch up with Quinner who I really had not seen since the tour and we quickly saw Mark and made a date to meet the next day for dinner in keeping with tradition.
I'll write more about the gigs later, photos are all from Tilburg as I have not finished editing the rest from Utrecht and I need to get out of the house and go shopping with Kelly before all the shops close early for Sint.






THESE PHOTOS ARE NOT TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment